Southeast Alaska Guides Organization for a meet and greet to discuss issues facing the SE charter industry and learn about the CATCH Program
Clover Pass Resort (708 North Point Higgins Road, Ketchikan)
You’ll find our board members and staff representing the interests of Southeast Alaska sportfishing in front of state, federal and international policy makers, leading the charge to protect angler access to our marine resources and your business.
- Standing up for fair allocations for sportfishing
- Speaking for sustainable marine resources
- Educating policy makers about the value and needs of the charter fishing industry
- Protecting our interest at the Alaska Board of Fisheries, North Pacific Fishery Management Council, Pacific Salmon Commission, International Pacific Halibut Commission and other policy meetings
- Actively pursuing a catch share plan – The CATCH program
Russell Thomas, General Manager of Alaska Sportfishing Expeditions will be discussing the proposed CATCH program and what it means to our industry. In addition to a description of the program, we will also be looking for your support to make this important program a reality.
The Catch Accountability Through Compensated Halibut (CATCH) project is researching a solution to increase the guided sport (charter) sector’s allocation by integrating it into the
commercial halibut Individual Fishing Quota (IFQ) program.